Hudson, Florida (August 19, 2013) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point once again held a successful school supplies collection drive. Staff and volunteers collected school supplies to donate 116 backpacks, which is considerably up from last year’s drive.
Supplies collected included not only the backpacks but spiral notebooks, two-prong folders, wipes, tissues, crayons and pencils, and much more. One hundred sixteen kids received full backpacks and four schools received 16 boxes of the donated supplies.
Chaplain Jack Long was the chairman of the School Supplies Drive. He thanked all those who participated in this worthwhile project and to be an encouragement to kids and families. “What a great and generous staff and volunteers to share so much.” He was especially thankful for the Committee who puts it all together: Elaine Snee, Johnnie Keegan, Helen Machie, Marianne Vigilis and Steve Goldstein.
Attached photo: Manager of Volunteer Services, Marianne Vigilis, Chaplain Jack Long, and committee member Elaine Snee stand among the many donated items.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in three consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.