Brandon, Florida (August 15, 2013) – Brandon Regional Hospital announces that it now hosts a New Mom’s Support Group. The group meets every Wednesday from 11 am to noon in Classroom A in the Oakfield Medical Plaza (across the street from Brandon Regional Hospital).
The New Mom’s Support Group is a free class designed to provide an informal setting for new mothers to get together and discuss the tears, fears and cheers that go along with motherhood. An educator and lactation consultant are on hand as well as nurse educators to lead discussions on important issues such as coping with the demands of a new baby, feeding problems, back to tips, and coping with the mother’s new lifestyle – and many other issues. Babies and toddler siblings are welcome.
No registration is required. For more information, call The Baby Place at 813-651-1065 or go to myBRHbaby.com.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· Designated by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Orthopedics.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH has enhanced its services this year with the addition of:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and in-patient rooms for gynecology and antepartum patients.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Neuroscience Center and Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.