Hudson, Florida (August 14, 2013) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that Regina Reimer was the proud recipient of the Presidential Lifetime Achievement Award. The award comes from the office of the President of the United States. It was instituted to acknowledge the outstanding achievements of volunteers and volunteering throughout the nation. The recipient receives the “President’s Call to Service Award Certificate,” a letter of congratulations from President Obama, and a beautiful pen commemorating this event. In order to receive this award an individual must have volunteered for a minimum of 15 years and have logged in over 7,500 hours of service.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s recipient, Regina started volunteering over 17 years ago and has 7,685 hours of service. Jeannie volunteers Thursday and Saturday mornings at Welcome Center A. Jeannie has worked with many different volunteers at Welcome Center A over the years. She has always been dependable, caring and funny. Her dry sense of humor can really make you laugh. The letter sent by President Obama included a statement that fits Jeannie: “These are duties that we do not grudgingly accept, but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit than giving our all to a difficult task.” Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point thanks Jeannie for all her years of service to the hospital, patients, families and visitors and for her dedication and volunteer spirit.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in three consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.