|County will accept applications through Sept. 4
MANATEE COUNTY, FL (Aug. 14, 2013) – Manatee County is accepting applications for vacancies on the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee which makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on affordable housing incentives.
There are five vacancies on the committee open to volunteer Manatee County residents for the following seats:
· Seat 2: Someone who is actively engaged in banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing;
· Seat 4: Someone who is actively engaged as an advocate for low-income persons in connection with affordable housing;
· Seat 6: Someone who is actively engaged as a not-for-profit provider in connection with affordable housing;
· Seat 8: Someone who actively serves on a local planning agency;
· Seat 10: Someone who represents employers in Manatee County.
The group usually meets on an as-needed basis on the third Monday of each month at 3 p.m. in the Manatee County Administrative Complex, 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton.
Applications are due Sept. 4 and may be found online at www.mymanatee.org/advisory_boards
For more information, call Denise L. Thomas at (941) 749-3029, ext. 3474 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Manatee County Government, visit online at www.mymanatee.org or call (941) 748-4501. You can also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/manatee.county.fl and on Twitter, @ManateeGov.