Hudson, Florida (August 13, 2013) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced its recipients of its first quarter volunteer Five Star and One Star Awards. The recipients for the Five Star Award are Pat Baird, Mary Lou Ray and Joan Rydell.
Pat Baird started volunteering in April 2006 and has 2,999 hours. Pat volunteers at both Outpatient Lab and the Volunteer Office. Wherever Pat volunteers she is friendly, courteous, caring and very professional. All of those qualities help her deal with patients in the Lab and volunteers in the Volunteer Office in a kind and caring manner. Pat is willing to go above and beyond to help out whenever there is a need and for as long as is needed. In both areas she works with a small group of volunteers and gets along beautifully with her peers.
Mary Lou Ray started volunteering in December 2008 and has 1,631 hours. Mary Lou is a little dynamo who consistently goes above and beyond when it comes to interacting with patients, visitors, staff and physicians. She helps in marketing by making courtesy calls to all attendees to make sure they have directions, the time and location to the lectures and screenings. By the time the attendees come they feel they have known Mary Lou forever. Mary Lou also volunteers at Welcome A on Wednesday evenings. She answers the phones and makes up the Fast Passes as well as coordinates a group of teen volunteer couriers. She does all of this with a smile and a joyful attitude.
Joan Rydell started volunteering in April 1997 and has 3,191 hours. Joan volunteers at Welcome A. She answers the patient information calls and makes up the Fast Passes, both of which means dealing directly with concerned family and friends. Joan is patient and kind with the visitors and has a wonderful attitude that makes people smile. Her co-worker said, “I work with many other volunteers that worked with Joan who say what a pleasure it is to work with Joan.” During her 16 years as a volunteer she has seen many changes but she always went through the changes with a positive attitude.
The recipients for the One Star Award are Bill Appman and Lynn Axelrod.
Bill Appman started to volunteer in January 2010 and has 1,439 hours. Bill volunteers as a Courtesy Cart Driver and as a Courier. Bill provides excellent service to all whom he meets whether they are patients or visitors. He is polite, courteous and has a positive attitude. He steps forward to help in any way he can without complaint. Bill is always willing to help.
Lynn Axelrod started volunteering in August 1999 and has 4,873 hours. Lynn volunteers in the Emergency Department and her wonderful smile and caring demeanor helps to put patients and their families at ease. She is always willing to go the extra mile for the patient.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in three consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.