Spring Hill, Florida (August 7, 2013) – Oak Hill Hospital announces the appointment of Santosh Potdar, MD, FACS (Fellow of the American College of Surgeons) to its medical staff. Dr. Potdar is board certified in surgery and his general surgery practice is located at 8367 South Suncoast Boulevard, Homosassa, Florida 34446 and 11373 Cortez Boulevard, Suite 208, Brooksville, Florida 34613, adjacent to Oak Hill Hospital. He can be reached at both locations by calling 352-597-0224 or toll free at 1-855-448-9650.
Dr. Potdar is board certified in surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He completed his residency in general surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He received his medical degree at Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, M.Y. Hospital in Indore, M.P. India and completed his residency in general surgery (Masters of Surgery) at the same facility. Dr. Potdar also completed a fellowship at the Division of Transplant Surgery at Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Potdar has extensive experience in general surgery which also includes complex general surgery procedures and transplantation of liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation. Dr. Potdar served as senior surgeon and a staff member of the highly prestigious Christian Medical Center in Vellore, India.
Attached photo: Santosh Potdar, MD, FACS
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first-ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.