Brandon, Florida (August 2, 2013) – Brandon Regional Hospital announces that its Bariatric Center has received a Cigna Centers of Excellence (COE) designation. Cigna’s program evaluates and recognizes hospitals with positive patient outcomes and high cost efficiency measures. Participating hospitals meeting specific quality and cost-efficiency criteria are designated as a Center of Excellence. Its Bariatric Center has received such a designation.
About Cigna Centers of Excellence
The Cigna Centers of Excellence program is designed to meet the ever-growing consumer demand for tools and information on patient outcomes and cost efficiency. This year, Cigna updated and expanded its designation methodology. In addition, Cigna has enhanced quality designations to indicate superior patient outcomes based on treatment effectiveness for 31 different inpatient surgical procedures and medical conditions. The patient outcomes data use hospitals’ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Hospital Compare measures, Leapfrog Patient Safety Measures, and mortality and complication rates, in addition to other evidence-based protocol metrics.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· Designated by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Orthopedics.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH has enhanced its services this year with the addition of:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and in-patient rooms for gynecology and antepartum patients.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Neuroscience Center and Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.