Hudson, Florida (August 1, 2013) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces the appointment of Tanya Simpson, MS, BSN, RN as Chief Nursing Officer. Ms. Simpson comes to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point from Northwest Medical Center, a 223 bed HCA facility in Margate, Florida, where she served as Associate Chief Nursing Officer. She has also served as Assistant Vice President of the Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
Ms. Simpson has extensive experience in critical care emergency management. She has served on several State of Georgia Regional Trauma Advisory Committees.
Ms. Simpson holds a Bachelor’s degree in nursing from Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri and a Master of Science in Healthcare Management from Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri.
She and her husband, Dick, have relocated to our area with their daughter, Kelsey.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in three consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.