Hudson, Florida (July 22, 2013) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced its recipients of its first quarter volunteer Five Star and One Star Awards. The recipients for the Five Star Award are Joan Bartlett, Maria Bellucci and Sandy Chute.
Joan Bartlett started to volunteer in September 2005 and has 1,775.65 hours. Joan is a Courier on Monday evenings. She is very kind and considerate of the patients, visitors and other volunteers. When her predecessor had to step down due to illness Joan took on the job of Team Leader. She takes her position seriously and does an excellent job training new volunteers, which includes many teens, and making sure everyone knows where everything is and most important makes sure everyone gets to dinner. Joan has a wonderful smile that puts everyone at ease and is a delight to work with. Joan is truly deserving of the 5 Star Volunteer award.
Maria Bellucci started volunteering in October 2004 and has 4,757 hours. Maria started volunteering in the SICU area and then she changed to our Arts & Crafts Department. She helps to make items for patients’ trays for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, 4th of July and Thanksgiving. She also helps make the decorations and little favors for our Holiday Party. Maria is an integral part of this department helping to go shopping for items and brainstorming ideas. Maria is deserving of a 5 Star Volunteer award.
Sandy Chute started volunteering in February 2006 and has 5,175 hours. Sandy volunteers at both Welcome A and Welcome D. At Welcome D she deals with patients and their families coming in for procedures as well as gives out the security name badges. At Welcome A she answers the phones, gives out the security name badges and is a source of all kinds help and information. In both areas it takes a lot of patience and kindness dealing with visitors who are anxious. Also in both areas there have been many changes during the past year all of which she handled with patience and determination. Sandy is truly deserving of the 5 Star Volunteer award.
Attached photo: Elliot Lorenzi, Volunteer Association President, Sandy Chute, Joan Bartlett and Maria Bellucci.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in three consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.