CLEARWATER, Florida – July 22, 2013 – On July 25, Pinellas businesses will have an opportunity to meet with buyers for Pinellas County government, plus numerous government and private agencies throughout the Tampa Bay region.
Thirty-two buyers from Pinellas County and partner agencies have signed up to meet Pinellas vendors from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at the St. Petersburg College EpiCenter and Collaborative Labs, located at 13805 58th St. N., Clearwater, FL 33760.
Over 170 businesses have already registered for this event, so there are only a few spots remaining for this year’s show. Registration is required and more information can be found at www.pced.org/entrepreneurs/subpage.asp?ReverseTradeShow.
“The response to this inaugural Pinellas County Reverse Trade Show has exceeded our expectations. Buyers from throughout Pinellas County government and our partners responded quickly to the opportunity to meet with local vendors, and the Pinellas business community responded in kind,” explained Mike Meidel, Director of Pinellas County Economic Development.
The Reverse Trade Show was planned and produced by a Pinellas County Succession Management Team, a cross departmental group of professionals dedicated to finding new ways to advance outreach and services in the Pinellas community. Their goal is to support local businesses by increasing the number of Pinellas companies doing business with local government and partner agencies. The team worked closely with staff at the Small Business Development Center and Pinellas County Economic Development to design and promote the Reverse Trade Show.
“We’ve been very impressed with the initiative, dedication and tenacity from this all-volunteer Pinellas County Succession Management team. They are committed to serving the citizens and businesses of our community, and we’re delighted that they selected the Small Business Development Center at Pinellas County Economic Development as their partner for this initial project,” shared Dr. Cynthia Johnson, Senior Manager of Business Assistance at Pinellas County Economic Development.
In conjunction with the Reverse Trade Show, a panel of local purchasing experts will discuss best practices and strategies for doing business with the government from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The panel will include:
- Nelson Escribano, Small Business Specialist, 6th Contracting Squadron / SBS United States Special Operations Command
- Mina Kaeding, Sr. Procurement Officer, Business Division Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Eric Meserve, Senior Procurement Analyst, Financial Services Group Business and Support Services (Procurement) Hillsborough County BOCC
- Ken Rickard, Pinellas County Purchasing Operations Manager, and
- Lisa Tatro, Pinellas County Department of Environment & Infrastructure Senior Contract Services Specialist
Below is a list of agencies sending their purchasing teams to the Pinellas County Reverse Trade Show on July 25.
Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners Departments
- Business Technology Services
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Environment & Infrastructure
- Solid Waste Division
- Transportation and Storm Water Divisions
- Water and Sewer Division
- Health and Human Services
- Parks Administration & Operations
- Real Estate Management
- Risk Management
- Solid Waste
- St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport
- Visit St. Petersburg /Clearwater
Pinellas Constitutional Officers & Independent Government Agencies
- Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Pinellas County Justice and Consumer Services
- Pinellas County Office of Human Rights
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
Regional, Federal and Private Sector Exhibitors
- 6th Contracting Squadron I SBS United States Special Operations Command
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART)
- HQ USSOCOM Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP)
- Pinellas County Health Department
- Pinellas County Job Corps Center
- Pinellas County School Board
- Pinellas County Transit Authority (PSTA)
- SunStar Paramedics
- Tampa Bay Small Business Development Center at USF (PTAC Program)
- Tampa Electric TECO Energy Company
- Tampa General Hospital
- University of South Florida Supplier Diversity Program
- WorkNet Pinellas
Pinellas County Economic Development and the Small Business Development Center would like to thank all of the buyers and businesses for their participation. This event would not have been possible without the leadership and work of the Pinellas County Succession Management Team:
- Yolanda Cowart, SBDC at Pinellas County Economic Development
- Bonnie Desmond, Pinellas County Parks & Recreation
- Rebecca Fiesbeck, Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board
- Karmen Lemberg, Pinellas County Community Development
- Hazel Lane, Pinellas County Health & Human Services
- Dawn Teabout, Pinellas County Tax Collector
For more information regarding the Pinellas County Reverse Trade Show and to register, please visit: www.pced.org/entrepreneurs/subpage.asp?ReverseTradeShow.