Tampa, Fla. (July 1, 2013) – Visit Tampa Bay ended the third quarter of its fiscal year with eight major meetings and conventions booked, securing over 61,000 room nights and $28.5 million in economic impact. The meetings and convention bookings include:
· IBM Smarter Commerce Summit, a three-day event that will be held at the Tampa Convention Center in May 2014 bringing nearly 3,500 attendees from diverse business backgrounds.
· Siemens Medical Solutions’ Innovations 2014 for Healthcare IT Conference in August 2014.
· Jehovah’s Witnesses Watchtower Weekends bringing nearly 5,000 visitors on five weekends throughout June and July 2014.
· National Baptist Convention USA, Inc.’s National Baptist Congress of Christian Education, a week-long congress for June 2016 with over 25,000 attendees.
· The 2017 Annual Meeting for the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, a national alliance of educator preparation programs representing 800 public and private colleges and universities nationwide.
· International Association for Food Protection’s Annual Meeting for July 2017, an organization of 3,600 food safety professionals.
· Electrical Apparatus Service Association’s Annual Conference for June 2017, an international trade organization of more than 1,900 electromechanical sales and service firms.
· BICSI’s 2017 Winter Conference & Exhibition, a Tampa-based international association supporting the information technology systems industry, for January 2017.
In addition to these key bookings, the Visit Tampa Bay convention sales team booked an additional 124 meetings during the third quarter representing over 52,000 room nights.
ABOUT VISIT TAMPA BAY
Visit Tampa Bay leads the effort of economic development through tourism. The mission of Visit Tampa Bay is to create vibrant growth for the Tampa area by promoting, developing and expanding a united visitor industry. The independent not-for-profit organization represents more than 700 businesses throughout Tampa Bay and promotes the area as a choice destination for conventions and visitors.