Brandon, Florida (June 27, 2013) – Brandon Regional Hospital has announced the following community events that will be held during the month of July. All events will be held in the Oakfield Medical Plaza on the campus of Brandon Regional Hospital, 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511, unless otherwise noted.
· NICU Family to Family Support Group – July 2 and 16, 6:45 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Healthy Heart Nutrition – July 3, 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Prenatal Tour – July 8 and 23, 7:30 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Prepared Childbirth Series – July 8, 15, 22 and 29, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Prenatal Breastfeeding – July 9 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Nutrition for Cancer Prevention & Treatment Class – July 10, 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Weight Loss Options – July 10 at 6 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Gestational Diabetes – July 11, 18 and 25, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom C, Suite 258
· Prepared Childbirth – July 13 and 20, 9 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Prenatal Tour – July 14, 3 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Newborn Care Class – July 15 at 6 pm, July 20 at 9:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management – July 17, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Vascular Victories – Cardiac & Stroke Support – July 23 at 12 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Surgical Solutions for Weight Loss – July 25, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Surgical Weight Loss Support Group – July 25, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
Seating is limited and reservations are advised. For more information and to register call 813-653-1065 or visit BrandonRegionalHospital.com.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH has enhanced its services this year with the addition of:
· The newly renovated and expanded Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The newly renovated Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Neuroscience Center and Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital has recently initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.