Oak Hill Hospital has announced its Star Associates of the Month of April. Each month hospital associates are chosen in a process that involves nominations and voting by their peers, patients, patient families, and physicians.
This month’s Oak Hill Hospital “Stars” are:
Judith Babilonia, Physical Therapist
Judith joined Oak Hill Hospital’s physical therapy department in November 2011. She lives in Lutz. Although her goal is to heal she says, “Most of the time the patient and staff heal me.” She sees her job as helping people to get rehabilitated but empowers the patient and family to do the job with her assistance and to improve their quality of life. Her nomination came from her coworkers who praised her for her attention to detail and her ability to play close attention to patients. They cited one example where “Judith was working with a patient when she noticed a change in the patient’s behavior. Judith reported the concern leading to an MRI and a glioblastoma being discovered in the patient’s brain. The patient is now under treatment thanks to her early discovery.
Lisa Bharath, Medical Critical Care Unit (MCCU)
Lisa works in Oak Hill Hospital’s medical critical care unit where she is regarded by patients and their family as a caring and compassionate human being. One nomination stated, “We were grateful that you were working during dad’s final days and feel blessed that you were assigned to his care. You are an exceptional nurse and showed exemplary professional excellence, empathy, and compassion in your work.” Lisa also has a reputation for taking the time to meet with family and review details of the patient’s health status and efforts to stabilize the patient. “Because of your efforts, we better understood the critical nature of dad’s condition and recognized how hard the Oak Hill Hospital ICU staff was working to try to address it.” Lisa is considered by patients and family to go the extra mile and make a positive difference in the lives of those entrusted to her care. She is a role model.
Jessica Root, Medical Critical Care Unit (MCCU)
Jessica’s nomination also came from a patient’s family to praise her for the care that their mother just received at Oak Hill. “I want to tell you that my family had nothing but an extremely positive experience when it came to receiving care from the employees at your facility. An exceptional and completely amazing nurse is Jessica Root…she is truly an angel! I have never met someone with such compassion!” All family members witnessed Jessica’s caring for their mother and each person praised her for her attention not only to the patient but to the family’s concerns even after her shift was over. “We felt extremely comfortable knowing that my mother was in the best hands possible to be receiving care from that we actually left the hospital at night to go home and rest. When we returned my mother was getting better and better. Oak Hill Hospital is the place I want to go!”
In making the announcement Oak Hill Hospital’s Chief Operating Officer Sonia Gonzalez said, “Dr. Thomas Frist, Senior, our founder, always believed that ‘Good people beget good people.’ People like Judith, Lisa and Jessica prove that Oak Hill Hospital will continue the legacy.”
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first-ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.