Spring Hill & Hudson, Florida (May 17, 2013) – Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point are pleased to announce that V. Antoine Keller, MD, FACS (Fellow of the American College of Surgeons) has been appointed to each hospital’s medical staff. Dr. Keller is board certified in cardiothoracic surgery, vascular, and endovascular surgery. He specializes in minimally invasive complex heart procedures such as valve repair and valve replacement. He also performs minimally invasive single CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting).
Dr. Keller comes to Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point from Louisiana where he served as Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Baton Rouge General Hospital in Baton Rouge and Clinical Assistant Professor of Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans.
Dr. Keller received his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine and completed his residency in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery at the Carolinas Heart Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina. He completed research fellowship in surgery, and a residency in general surgery at Tulane School of Medicine, New Orleans, where he was appointed Chief Resident of General Surgery.
He holds countless awards and honors which he received during his medical training and his medical practice.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first-ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Recipient of the 2012 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
· Recipient of the AHA’s Mission: Lifeline Bronze Quality Achievement Award for implementing a higher standard of heart attack care that improves the survival and outcomes for STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) patients.
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit RMCHealth.com or YourHeartbeat.com. Or visit us on Facebook.