May 3, 2013 –Champions for Children is pleased to announce the appointment of 13 new members to its 2013 Board of Directors. The agency welcomes each of our newest Board Members and looks forward to an exciting year filled with insight from a diverse group of community leaders.
- James Armstrong is currently a Senior Vice President at Raymond James Bank focused on Commercial Real Estate and Corporate lending across the United States and Canada. In addition to his work with Champions for Children, James mentors two students in the Northeast High School Academy of Finance program and supports numerous charitable organizations across the Tampa Bay area.
- Steve Cannella currently has a full-time job on a chronic circuit team at AT&T. He is a member of L’Unione Italiana (The Italian Club of Tampa) in Ybor and created the Tampa Natives and Tampa Italians group pages on Facebook. Each week, Steve co-hosts the Tampa Natives Show; a live show that highlights our unique Tampa history.
- Erik Carlson is currently working for Jabil Circuit Inc. He started in 2003 as Director of Business Development, then took the roll of Senior Director of Information Technology and is currently the Vice President of IT. He is a regular contributor to white papers and industry analysis for a variety of IT research groups and software providers.
- Joyce Cotton works for WEDU PBS TV as the Director of Marketing & Community Partnerships. She is a founding member of the Tampa Bay Chapter of e-women Network, a current member of the National Association of Professional Women, Ybor Chamber of Commerce and the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce. She is on the Board for the American Red Cross Tampa Bay Chapter, Glazer Children’s Museum and CMG Facilities Corp.
- Debbie Miller is the Executive Assistant to the CEO & COO and the Military Affairs Coordinator for Celestar Corporation. Some of the groups she is active in are the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Military Council, South Tampa Chamber of Commerce Military Affairs Council, Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce Military Affairs Council, International Association of Administrative Professionals, National Defense Industry Association & Women in Defense.
- Hon. Richard Nielsen is currently a Family Law/Domestic Relations Judge of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Court in Florida. He has a bachelor’s degree in general studies and his J.D. degree from the University of Florida.
- Joseph Sclafani is currently the Dean, College of Social Sciences, Mathematics and Education at the University of Tampa. He has a psychology Ph.D. degree from the University of South Florida. His teaching and research interests are developmental psychology, child psychology, general parenting and student leadership skills development.
- Frank Sierra is a private practice-Pediatric Dentist and his practice is focused on oral health care and rehabilitation for children with special health care needs. Dr. Sierra is on the clinical faculty at the University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics and is on the medical staff at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital. He is board certified in pediatric dentistry and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Mark Stoker is a Senior Vice President/Manager for a Commercial Real Estate Lending Team at Synovus Bank. Mark has served or is currently serving on Christ the King Catholic Church Pastoral Council, YoungLife South Tampa, Treasure Island Tennis & Yacht Club and Care Team, Inc.
- Stephen Valeri is currently a Financial Advisor/First Vice President, Investments with Raymond James. His practice focus is high net worth individuals and institutional muni bond accounts. He has served as a former board member of Tampa Bay Business for the Arts.
- Laura-Elizabeth Ware is a HCM Sales Consulting Manager for Strategic Accounts at Oracle Corporation in Redwood Shores, California. She serves as a Hearing Master for the City of Tampa. In recent years, Laura-Elizabeth has served as Past President for Academy of the Holy Names Alumni Board and has volunteered with Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Key to the Cure, Make a Wish Foundation Ball and is a member of Christ the King Catholic Church.
- Sarah Watkins most recently worked as an Assistant to the Director and before that as Capital Campaign Coordinator for The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. She is currently active in Epworth by the Sea Board of Trustees, The University of Alabama College of Human Environmental Sciences Leadership Board, United Way of Sun Coast 175th Anniversary Planning Committee and Junior League of Tampa.
- Willisha Williams is currently working for Tampa Electric Company as a Sr. Contracts Administrator for Corporate Purchasing and Contracts Services. She also serves on the Executive Board of Leadership Hillsborough and enjoys mentoring children. She has a B.S. degree in Industrial & Systems Engineering from the University of Florida.
Champions for Children (CFC) builds stronger families in the Tampa Bay region through child abuse prevention and family education programs. For more information on CFC, please visit our Web site at www.championsforchildrentampabay.org