Oak Hill Hospital has announced its Star Associates of the Month of March. Each month hospital associates are chosen in a process that involves nominations and voting by their peers, patients, patient families, and physicians.
This month’s Oak Hill Hospital “Stars” are:
Jessica Kekovich, LPN
Jessica joined Oak Hill Hospital in September 2004 and works in the progressive care unit as an LPN. She views her job as not only caring for patients but to help make them smile and make their stay here better. Jessica lives with her son, George, and her fiancé, John Singleton, in Spring Hill. The family also includes Milo and Boots, their two cats, and Max, their dog. Jessica’s nomination came from a patient who praised her for her compassion and attention. “I was suffering from a severe allergic reaction to a medication and Jessica would not leave my side until she resolved the issue with my doctor.” The patient praised Jessica’s natural inclination to go above and beyond what is required as a nurse. For her part Jessica says, “I enjoy working with my staff members because they’ve always treated me like family.”
Judith Radke, RN
Judith works as an RN in the intensive care and cardiovascular intensive care units caring for post-open heart surgical patients. She also teaches Zumba at a local fitness studio. She lives in Spring Hill and her family consists of a son, Nicholas, and two daughters, Anna and Julie. Her seventh grandchild is due in May. Judi’s nomination came from a patient and his family who praised her for being “superior, gracious, and the most efficient nurse ever.” She was praised for being caring and communicating with not only the patient but the family. She enjoys a reputation as someone who is willing to make both patient and family comfortable and doing whatever is necessary to make that happen. About Oak Hill Hospital Judith says that she enjoys “the many friends I have made.”
In making the announcement Oak Hill Hospital’s Chief Operating Officer Sonia Gonzalez said, “Dr. Thomas Frist, Senior, our founder, always believed that ‘Good people beget good people.’ People like Jessica and Judith prove that Oak Hill Hospital will continue the legacy.”
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s.
· The most advanced robotic assisted surgical system in the region: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first-ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.