Brooksville, Spring Hill and Weeki Wachee, Florida – The Kiwanis Clubs of Hernando County, “The Hernando Five,” announce its main prizes for its raffle to be held at its upcoming “Skating for Charity…Go Go Locomo” event which will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at the Locomo Skate/Dance/Party at 10450 County Line Road, Spring Hill, Florida 34609 just east of Mariner.
Raffle prizes will include:
· A big screen HD television provided by Wal-Mart Distribution Center
· iPad by Apple provided by Wal-Mart Distribution Center
· One day family trip to Disney for a family of four including premium hotel room for two nights, transportation and passes good for all four Disney parks
Tickets to the event and raffle tickets may be purchased from any Kiwanian in the five Hernando County clubs:
· Brooksville Ridge
· Nature Coast
· Spring Hill
· Weeki Wachee
Go Go Locomo features food, fun and music for the entire family. On Saturday, January 26, 2013 from 6 – 9:30 pm there will be skating for the entire family, music, fun, food, and a silent auction and raffle. From 10 pm until 1:30 am the event will feature skating for families, teens and adults, raffle winners, food, fun, lively music and dancing to 50’s and 60’s, a jitterbug contest and live auction at midnight. Cost is only $6 per person for each session, with 100% of the net proceeds to go to the following organizations:
· Boys & Girls Club of Hernando County
· Hernando YMCA
· Kiwanis Aktion Club
For more information call:
· Hernando YMCA at 352-688-9622 (YMCA)
· Rich Linkul at 352-232-4580
· Kiwanis Aktion Club of the Nature Coast at 352-263-3784
· Boys & Girls Club of Hernando County at 352-666-0068
About Kiwanis Clubs of Hernando County
The Kiwanis Clubs of Hernando, “The Hernando Five”, comprised of over 250 men and women dedicated to serving the children of our community. Kiwanis goals locally are to raise funds to support the children in our community, participate in fellowship, and give back to the community. The Clubs consist of:
· Brooksville – Patricia Cowley, president, can be contacted at email@example.com
· Brooksville Ridge – Richard Linkul, president, can be contacted at Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com
· Nature Coast – Curt Christie, president, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Spring Hill – Godfrey Eason, president, can be contacted at email@example.com
· Weeki Wachee –Dana Cutlip, president, can be contacted at Dana@cutlipfinancial.com
Contact the club presidents for individual information.
The Kiwanis Clubs of Hernando County are among 8,000 clubs and 250,000 members in 70 countries. It is a global organization of members working to change the world one child and one community at a time. Kiwanis International and its Service Leadership Programs – Circle K, Key Club, Key Leader, Builders Club, K-Kids, Kiwanis Junior, and Aktion Club – dedicate millions of volunteer hours and invest $100 million to strengthen communities and serve children annually.
Kiwanis engaged in its first Worldwide Service Project teaming up with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to virtually eliminate iodine deficiency disorders, (IDD). These disorders cause various degrees of mental and physical impairment in the fetus and in young children.
At this time, Kiwanis International and UNICEF have joined forces to eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus called Project Eliminate, (MNT). This deadly disease steals the lives of nearly 60,000 innocent babies and a significant number of women each year. The effects of the disease are excruciating – tiny newborns suffer repeated, painful convulsions and extreme sensitivity to light and touch.