Hudson, Florida (December 5, 2012) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that its 16 teams in the American Heart Association Tampa Bay Heart Walk raised $14,670.39. In addition, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point also made a $5,000 donation to the teams’ efforts, bringing their total contribution to $19,670.39. Team contributions are as follows:
Bleeding Hearts – $137.00
Cardiac Crusaders – $195.00
Coronary Cleaners – $300.00
ER Lifesavers – $146.80
Heart of ALL Hearts – $1,737.21
Heart of the Class – $932.49
Heart Strong – $440.84
Hearts Afire – $1,212.89
Neuro/Spine – $735.00
Nutrients – $213.40
Pace Makers – $818.80
The Blood Types – $535.00
The Red Hearts – $1,576.45
Volunteers with Heart – $3,194.71
Admin Team – $2,379.80
Sore Losers – $55.00
Corporate Donation – $5,000
Attached Photo: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Heart Walk teams pose for photo. The teams, along with Regional Medical Center corporate, raised $19,670.39.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
RMCBP has been approved by the Florida Department of Health, Office of Trauma, as a Provisional Level 2 Trauma Center. This designation means critically injured patients may have access to treatment in the “golden hour.” This is the first hour after a serious injury in which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical attention will prevent death. Through an affiliation with the University of South Florida Health, RMCBP has the support of a major academic university and medical school. A Trauma Center in our community means faster treatment to improve patient outcomes and keep patients close to home and their loved ones.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Recipient of the 2012 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
· Recipient of the AHA’s Mission: Lifeline Bronze Quality Achievement Award for implementing a higher standard of heart attack care that improves the survival and outcomes for STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) patients.
· Top Performing Hospital, the Joint Commission – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care.
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit RMCHealth.com or HeartofTampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.