Spring Hill, Florida (December 5, 2012) – Oak Hill Hospital and Five Points of Life Foundation present Hernando County’s first “Five Points of Life Kids Marathon.” The marathon culminates on April 6 where children will walk/jog/run the final 1.2 miles of a 26.2 mile marathon.
Oak Hill Hospital is teaming with the Five Points of Life Foundation and LifeSouth Community Blood Centers to get youngsters up and active, while also raising awareness of five ways people can share life through donation.
The goal is to walk 25 miles, a little bit at a time, with participants from kindergarten through the eighth grade logging their mileage as they go. On April 6 the participants will gather at 9 am at Nature Coast Technical High School, 4057 California Street in Brooksville, for a celebration run or walk of 1.2 miles to complete the marathon distance. Every participant receives a T-shirt and earns a medal at the finish line. Students are encouraged to give themselves plenty of time by beginning their walking toward their goal as early as possible. There is no charge for anyone who signs up before March 1.
Hernando County will be the eighth location to host a “Five Points of Life Kids Marathon.” This event began in Gainesville in 2007, and in 2012 more than 3,000 kids participated. For more information or registration forms go to
http://www.fivepointsoflife.com/2012/10/22/kids-marathon-hernando/ or call Jay Eckert at 352-224-1623 or email@example.com or Tom Davis at 352-622-3544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All schools in the area and those in home school programs are eligible to register for the marathon. If you have not been contacted through school, call, or email Jay Eckert at the information above.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (234 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s.
· Only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first-ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Only hospital in Hernando and Citrus Counties recognized as one of the nation’s top performers on four key quality measures – heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – by The Joint Commission.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.