Brandon & Seffner, Florida (December 5, 2012) – Brandon Regional Hospital and New Life Tabernacle’s family of churches are collaborating to present a series of lectures on healthy living. All lectures and activities will be for men, women, singles, married, youth and parents. The lectures are designed for everyone. This series is open to anyone in the community and not just members of the New Life Tabernacle family of churches.
Brandon Regional Hospital board certified physicians and practitioners will present lectures on various topics that will help those who attend improve and/or correct issues that can be detrimental to overall health of mind and body.
All lectures will be held at New Life Tabernacle UPC, 6912 Williams Road, Seffner, Florida 33584. The first lecture in the series will be held on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 7 pm in the main sanctuary. The evening will consist of three separate programs:
· Healthy Eating 2013 & Beyond, presented by Susan Alverio, RD, Registered Dietician at Brandon Regional Hospital
· Children & Adults Ear Nose & Throat Conditions and Treatments, presented by Scott Powell, MD of the Sinus Center at Brandon Regional Hospital
· Managing Stress & Depression, presented by Jerry Murphy, Director of Behavioral Health at Brandon Regional Hospital
Between the sessions, there will be demonstrations and audience participation “stretching techniques” by Dr. Frank Badala, an independent chiropractor.
Admission is free. All are welcome. Complimentary refreshments will be served.
Seating is limited and registrations are required. The public may register at Brandon Regional Hospital or any of the New Life Tabernacle family of churches:
· Brandon Regional Hospital, 813-653-1065
· New Life Tabernacle office, 813-740-1868
· Victory Tabernacle (Sharlene Collins), 813-368-0400
· Bethesda Tabernacle (Waydia Hughes), 813-598-3251
· Plant City UPC (Nicole Williams), 813-679-5811
· Carrollwood UPC (Tequila Brown), 813-952-4838
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH has enhanced its services this year with the addition of:
· The newly renovated and expanded Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The newly renovated Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Neuroscience Center and Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital has recently initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.