Nine nominees have advanced as finalists in the 2012-2013 Support Employee of the Year recognition program for Pinellas County Schools. The finalists were selected from a group of 21 semifinalists named earlier this month.
Finalists were chosen in three categories: Direct Involvement with Students (employee spends 75 percent or more of his/her work hours in direct contact with students), Indirect Involvement with Students (employee spends less than 25 percent of his/her work hours in direct contact with students), and Limited Involvement with Students (employee spends little or none of his/her work hours in direct contact with students).
The semifinalists are:
• Lori Gooding, Dunedin Elementary, ESE Associate
• Amy Putnam, Cypress Woods Elementary, High Needs Associate
• Irma Vargas, Skycrest Elementary, Bilingual Assistant I
• Tameaka Brown, Gibbs High, Office Clerk I
• Essie Sneed, Tomlinson Adult Learning Center, Secretary/Bookkeeper
• Debra Stotts, Largo Middle, Office Clerk I
• Katherine Dickinson, Curlew Creek Elementary, Secretary/Bookkeeper
• Kristy Hayes, Ponce de Leon Elementary, Secretary/Bookkeeper
• Lisa Packard, Administration Building, Clerk Specialist I
The winner of each category and the overall Support Employee of the Year will be named at a recognition breakfast on Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, at the Feather Sound Country Club. The overall winner will represent Pinellas County Schools at the Florida Department of Education School-Related Employee of the Year program.
The Support Employee of the Year recognition program is sponsored by Achieva Credit Union.