Fifth Third Bank (Tampa Bay) recently announced that its Lee Roy Selmon Banking Center at 2206 E. Fowler Ave. in Hillsborough County has achieved Certified recognition under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards set by the U.S. Green Building Council.
The certification was recognized on the same day the banking center celebrated the official “Lee Roy Selmon Day” marking the birthday of the late founding board member of Fifth Third (Tampa Bay), former University of South Florida athletic director and Buccaneers Pro Football Hall of Fame defensive lineman. The bank also held a community event with free music, food and prizes for the public.
“Fifth Third Bank is honored to recognize our area’s first LEED-certified banking center,” said Brian Lamb, president of Fifth Third Bank (Tampa Bay). “We seek to positively impact not only our communities, customers and employees, but also the environment.”
The building’s environmentally friendly features and construction methods include:
• Increased ventilation and more energy-efficient heating and air-conditioning equipment, improving air quality and thermal comfort while reducing energy use by 22 percent.
• Water-efficient bathroom and kitchen features, reducing indoor water consumption by 32 percent.
• Terracotta roof tiles that reflect rather than absorb heat – cooling the building, parking lot and surrounding areas.
• Product sourcing and building materials that were manufactured within 500 miles – helping support the local and regional economy and reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions.
• Renewable energy certificates that are equivalent to 100 percent of the facility’s expected energy use for the next two years.
This is the third Fifth Third Bank LEED facility – along with the Sodo Banking Center in Orlando, Fla., and the Wilkinson Banking Center in Charlotte, N.C. – and the first based on an update to standard banking center designs.
More information on Fifth Third’s environmental efforts can be found in the annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report at www.53.com/csrreport.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $117 billion in assets and operates 15 affiliates with 1,320 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,404 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 39% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of September 30, 2012, had $300 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $26 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third’s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® National Global Select Market under the symbol “FITB.” Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC.