Pinellas County Schools is proud to announce the 2012-2013 Support Employee of the Year semifinalists.
These support employees were nominated by faculty, administrators and school community members for their outstanding contributions to student achievement; exceptional skill and dedication on the job; and commitment to personal and professional development. The 21 semifinalists are representatives of the district’s more than 6,300 full- and part-time support employees.
The nominations were judged, by a group of district volunteers, in three categories – Direct Involvement with Students (employee spends 75 percent or more of his/her work hours in direct contact with students); Indirect Involvement with Students (employee spends less than 25 percent of his/her work hours in direct contact with students); and Limited Involvement with Students (employee spends little or none of his/her work hours in direct contact with students).
The semifinalists are:
• Aymarah Benz, Bauder Elementary, ESE Associate
• Lori Gooding, Dunedin Elementary, ESE Associate
• Gregory Hinton, Lakewood High, Campus Monitor
• Amy Putnam, Cypress Woods Elementary, High Needs Associate
• Sandra Sumner, Shore Acres Elementary, ESE Associate
• Irma Vargas, Skycrest Elementary, Bilingual Assistant I
• Kathy Weller, Blanton Elementary, Title I Paraprofessional
• Tameaka Brown, Gibbs High, Office Clerk I
• Mary Heldt, East Lake High, Senior Data Technician
• Anita Herman, Frontier Elementary, Secretary/Bookkeeper
• Cassandra Holt, James B. Sanderlin PK-8 IB World School, Secretary/Bookkeeper
• Melodie Moreno, Leila G. Davis Elementary, Family & Community Liaison
• Essie Sneed, Tomlinson Adult Learning Center, Secretary/Bookkeeper
• Debra Stotts, Largo Middle, Office Clerk I
• Patrick Curry, Melrose Elementary, Head Plant Operator
• Katherine Dickinson, Curlew Creek Elementary, Secretary/Bookkeeper
• Jeffrey Frey, Walter Pownall Service Center, Carpenter Journeyman
• Kristy Hayes, Ponce de Leon Elementary, Secretary/Bookkeeper
• Hilda Henley, Administration Building, Secretary to Assistant Superintendent
• Lisa Packard, Administration Building, Clerk Specialist I
• Jerry Reynolds, Countryside High, Head Plant Operator
The finalists will be named later this month. The winner of each category and the overall Support Employee of the Year will be named at a recognition breakfast to be held on Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, at the Feather Sound Country Club, 2201 Feather Sound Dr., Clearwater.
For the past 19 years, the Support Employee Recognition Program has been sponsored by Achieva Credit Union, a proud supporter and business partner of Pinellas County Schools.