Spring Hill, Florida (November 2, 2012) – Oak Hill Hospital announces that Mickey Smith, CEO, was asked to serve a second three year term on the Board of Directors of the Medical Group Management Association at their annual meeting in Denver, Colorado. This board comprises the nation’s leading medical group practice professionals.
This year’s annual meeting was also attended by local healthcare professionals Eugene Moynihan of the West Coast Musculoskeletal Institute, Carmen Nan, MD, and Rob Foreman.
Mr. Smith is a board certified medical practice executive. The Medical Group Management Association is the premiere membership association for professional administrators and leaders of medical group practices. Since 1926 MGMA has delivered networking, professional education and resources and political advocacy for medical practice management. Today MGMA’s 22,500 members lead 13,600 organizations nationwide in which some 280,000 physicians provided more than 40% of the healthcare services delivered in the United States.
MGMA’s mission is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent. MGMA is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado and maintains a government affairs office in Washington, DC. For more information visit www.MGMA.com.
Attached photo: Mickey Smith
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (234 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s.
· Only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first-ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.