The 15th annual Tour of Homes, held from Oct. 26 – Nov. 18, will feature a variety of activities and events that will highlight Lakewood Ranch as a great place to live, work and play. There are 47 models to see and tour on the Ranch—more than ever before.
Six models are new this year with a minimum of six more planned for next year. “We are expecting a huge crowd for this year’s tour,” said Jimmy Stewart, LWR Communities’ vice president of sales. “Our sales traffic has been tremendous in the past few months—and we’ve sold more than 439 homes so far, year to date. This year’s tour will show off exactly why so many people are choosing to call Lakewood Ranch home.”
From January 1 through mid-October, 439 homes have been sold in Lakewood Ranch, an increase of 138 units over the same time period in 2011. In all of 2011, 391 homes were sold. The numbers reflect a 46 percent increase. Closings are also up this year with 361 total, an increase of 29 percent over last year’s figure of 280. There are 304 homes under construction.
According to Stewart, new home sales make up 61 percent of the market share, with resales at 39 percent. There are only 99 single-family homes listed in Lakewood Ranch as active in MLS, a historic low.
In this, our 17th year as a community, we’ve achieved some significant milestones:
· Our Lakewood Ranch information centers and models have seen incredible traffic: more than 12,000 people have visited since the start of 2012. Sales are up 48 percent – or 111 more units – over the same period in 2011. Lakewood Ranch was ranked the ninth best-selling master-planned community in the United States and the second best in the state of Florida by a national real estate consulting firm.
· The Ranch added a new village, Taylor Morrison’s Esplanade, an active adult community just north of State Road 70. Haddington, a new neighborhood in the upscale Country Club East village, also debuted.
· The Premier Sports Campus (PSC) in Lakewood Ranch celebrated its first year in existence with incredible numbers – tens of thousands of spectators and hundreds of teams engaged in every sport from soccer to lacrosse.
· The LECOM School of Dental Medicine recently completed its 110,000-square-foot building at a cost of $52 million, and has welcomed its first dental class. The dental school joins LECOM’s medical and pharmacy schools.
· Commercial construction has exploded north of State Road 70, with more than $100 million invested so far in 2012. Lakewood Ranch Boulevard south of State Road 64 has been expanded, and the 272-unit Lost Creek Apartment development filled up almost immediately. Commercial occupancy on the Ranch is among the highest in the region.
· New and fantastic shops and restaurants continue to open on Lakewood Ranch Main Street. Restaurant offerings include Fast N Fresh, JPan, Pinchers Crab Shack, and Station 400.
This year, guests will be able tour models in The Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club, Country Club East, The Lake Club, Central Park, Greenbrook, and the active adult lifestyle community Esplanade.
The tour magazine is available at any Lakewood Ranch Information Center. Information centers are located at 6220 University Parkway and in Summerfield Park at 6310 Lakewood Ranch Blvd. The Lake Club has its own sales and information center, located just outside the village’s main gates. Information centers and models are open daily, Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday from noon until 5 p.m.
Starting this Friday, the full tour of homes guide, including the map and builder floorplans, can be downloaded at www.lakewoodranch.com, or can be picked up at any Lakewood Ranch information center.
Special events are a major portion of the annual Tour of Homes. The 2012 event schedule can be found at www.lwrevents.com.
Lakewood Ranch is the 17,500-acre award winning master-planned community in Sarasota and Manatee counties on the West Coast of Florida. Just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches, and cultural assets in Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch is already home to more 15,000 residents and features A-rated schools, a hospital, the Sarasota Polo Club, a 75-acre sports complex, its own Main Street with theaters, shopping and dining, and four million square feet of commercial property. For more information visit www.lakewoodranch.com.