(Bradenton, FL) – Sarasota/Manatee’s premiere women’s health event returns for a tenth year on Saturday, November 10. Speaking of Women’s Health© will be held from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Saturday, November 10 at the Bradenton Area Convention Center (formerly the Manatee Convention Center) One Haben Boulevard, Palmetto, FL. This year’s theme is “Share Good Health.”
Tickets are $5 for general admission and are available at the door. Attendees will be able to hear from the experts on a variety of important health and well-being issues (see below.) They will also be able to access our health screening/exhibit area which features a dozen complimentary health screenings including, heart, vision, hearing and skin cancer. This area also includes our “Gift Bazaar,” where attendees will be able to browse and shop for jewelry, makeup and small gift items.
Holders of our $40 VIP tickets can do all of the above, plus, they will join us for a lovely sit down luncheon which will feature a fashion show presented by Bealls and a presentation from this year’s keynote speaker, Maureen Whelihan, MD. Doctor Whelihan’s topic will be “No Sex in the City: Love Life Boot Camp”.
The $40 VIP tickets must be purchased in advance, no later than November 1. To purchase tickets call (941)745-7545.
Proceeds from this annual day of learning and laughter benefit the Manatee Memorial Foundation.
Confirmed Breakout Session Topics/Speakers:
- “Women and Heart Disease…How are We Different?”
S. Jay Mathews, MD
- “Anxiety and Stress Are Really Getting On My Nerves!”
Kristine Vallrugo, MD, JD, LLM
- Cooking with Fresh Herbs, Healthy Oils, and Lean Meats,”
Chef Tim Schoonmaker
- “The Status of Women’s Health”
Jennifer Bencie, MD, MSA
- A Healthy Social Life: Leveraging Social Media Resources on Health and Wellness.” Kevin McMulty, President of NetWeave Social Networking
- “The Bone Thief: A Look into the Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis”
Rosemarie Grebe, ARNP, MSN, JD
- “Common Disorders of the Hand and their Treatments”
Melissa M. Boyette, MD
- “The Art of Aromatherapy”
Patricia Maraia, RN, BSN
- “Women and Wealth,”
CJ Bannister, Financial Advisor
- “Real Weight Loss Solutions for Women”
Corista Williams, MBA, RD, LDN
- “Do Heavy Periods Affect Your Life: Know Your Options”
Edgardo J. Aponte, MD, FACOG
- ‘How Breastfeeding Protects Women’s Health Throughout the Lifespan,” Maureen Groer, RN, PhD, FAAN
- “The Sun and Your Skin”
Robert Finkelstein, DO
- “Getting the Most From a Consultation With Your Surgeon: From the Common to the Complex”
Diane H. Rhoden, MD, FACS
- “Facing Aging with a Youthful Face”
Mark A. Checcone, MD
- “Tips, Tools, and Time Savers”
Betsy Lieberman, RN
To purchase tickets call (941)745-7545.
For more information, please contact Vernon DeSear, Vice President of Marketing, Manatee Healthcare System (941)745-7306 or email@example.com or Betty Chambliss, Director of Advertising and Community Events, (941)745-7545 or firstname.lastname@example.org