First-Ever All-In-One App to Monitor Location, Social Media and Safe-Speed Driving Released in Google Play
TAMPA, Fla. (October 17, 2012) – Tampa-based geoWaggle LLC announced today that MamaBear, the worry-free parenting app, is now available in Google Play for Android devices. The first-of-its-kind app first launched in August 2012 for iOS, and now works on a combination of devices using either the iOS or Android platform.
“The popularity of Android devices among younger age groups made this an obvious next step for MamaBear,” said Steve MacDonald, founder of geoWaggle. “Now more parents can take advantage of this easy-to-use, all-in-one tool to help protect their kids, no matter what mix of the two platforms their family uses.”
Designed for simplicity, MamaBear works in three steps:
1. Mom and Dad download the parent’s version of MamaBear on their smart phones and tablets for complete visibility and control.
2. Kids download the children’s version of MamaBear, which has only three buttons: Come Get Me, Call for Help and Check In.
3. Parents customize their alert settings to get the precise information they want, including:
• Where their kids are on a map
• If their kids leave school early
• If their kids go somewhere off-limits
• What their kids are saying online
• Who their kids are meeting online
• If their kids are driving too fast
• If there are any signs of cyber-bullying
The MamaBear app was conceptualized in the summer of 2011 as an all-in-one parenting app that monitors location, social media and safe-speed driving. Developed by a group of parents, digital visionaries and experienced technology entrepreneurs with a vision of a world of worry-free parenting. The mission is to create tools that provide parents a peace of mind while giving children needed freedom. MamaBear values safety, family, trust, empathy and privacy. www.Mamabearapp.com