Hudson, Florida (October 16, 2012) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point (RMCBP) announces that Chuck Nagel, Radiation Safety Officer and a six year RMCBP employee, has been recognized for the HCA West Florida Division’s Innovators Award. Mr. Nagel submitted a financial impact idea that involves changing the ordering and consumption of radiopharmaceuticals in the nuclear medicine department.
The HCA Innovators Award is designed to help connect employees to the greater organization and reward them for innovative ideas that contribute to improvement at all levels. The award is designed to help find and promote great ideas that often don’t get shared with colleagues.
Awards are given, in one of three categories, at each hospital, one each at the West Florida Division, and one each at the HCA national level. Mr. Nagel has received both the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Innovators Award and the Division award. The hospital award includes a $1,000 check and the division award is an additional $2,500. Mr. Nagel now has the opportunity to receive an additional $10,000 if he is selected on the HCA corporate level.
The three categories are: service excellence, quality and patient safety, and financial impact. Mr. Nagel’s idea was in the area of financial impact. The ideas must be:
· Consistent with HCA’s Mission, Vision and Values
· Support the facility’s strategic/business plan
· Be able to be replicated and shared successfully with other HCA facilities
· Be unique or improve existing processes
· Demonstrate awareness of financial impact
· Maintain or improve quality patient safety
· Provide sustainable value for the cost; or produce savings
The Innovators Award, like the Frist Humanitarian Award, is designed to honor those whose actions leave a lasting impact on the work of HCA.
For more information go to HCAInnovators.com.
Attached Photo: L-R: HCA West Florida Division President, Peter Marmerstein ; Award Recipient Chuck Nagel; RMCBP, CEO, Shayne George
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
RMCBP has been approved by the Florida Department of Health, Office of Trauma, as a Provisional Level 2 Trauma Center. This designation means critically injured patients may have access to treatment in the “golden hour.” This is the first hour after a serious injury in which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical attention will prevent death. Through an affiliation with the University of South Florida Health, RMCBP has the support of a major academic university and medical school. A Trauma Center in our community means faster treatment to improve patient outcomes and keep patients close to home and their loved ones.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Recipient of the 2012 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
· Recipient of the AHA’s Mission: Lifeline Bronze Quality Achievement Award for implementing a higher standard of heart attack care that improves the survival and outcomes for STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) patients.
· Top Performing Hospital, the Joint Commission – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care.
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit RMCHealth.com or HeartofTampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.