Hudson, Florida (October 4, 2012) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it has again earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety in hospitals. The accreditation recognizes Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point underwent a rigorous, unannounced on-site survey on June 8. A team of Joint Commission expert surveyors evaluated RMCBP for compliance with standards of care specific to the needs of patients, including infection prevention and control, leadership and medication management.
“With Joint Commission accreditation, we continue to make a significant investment in quality on a day-to-day basis from the top down. Joint Commission accreditation provides us a framework to take our organization to the next level and helps create a culture of excellence,” says Shayne George, CEO of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. “Achieving Joint Commission accreditation, for our organization, is another major step toward maintaining excellence and continually improving the care we provide.”
The Joint Commission’s hospital standards address important functions relating to the care of patients and the management of hospitals. The standards are developed in consultation with health care experts, providers, measurement experts and patients.
Founded in 1951, The Joint Commission seeks to continuously improve health care for the public, in collaboration with other stakeholders, by evaluating health care organizations and inspiring them to excel in providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value. The Joint Commission evaluates and accredits more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States, including more than 10,300 hospitals and home care organizations, and more than 6,500 other health care organizations that provide long term care, behavioral health care, laboratory and ambulatory care services. The Joint Commission currently certifies more than 2,000 disease-specific care programs, focused on the care of patients with chronic illnesses such as stroke, joint replacement, stroke rehabilitation, heart failure and many others. The Joint Commission also provides health care staffing services certification for more than 750 staffing offices. An independent, not-for-profit organization, The Joint Commission is the nation’s oldest and largest standards-setting and accrediting body in health care. Learn more about The Joint Commission at www.jointcommission.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
RMCBP has been approved by the Florida Department of Health, Office of Trauma, as a Provisional Level 2 Trauma Center. This designation means critically injured patients may have access to treatment in the “golden hour.” This is the first hour after a serious injury in which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical attention will prevent death. Through an affiliation with the University of South Florida Health, RMCBP has the support of a major academic university and medical school. A Trauma Center in our community means faster treatment to improve patient outcomes and keep patients close to home and their loved ones.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2012 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recipient of the AHA’s Mission: Lifeline Bronze Quality Achievement Award for implementing a higher standard of heart attack care that improves the survival and outcomes for STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) patients.
- Top Performing Hospital, the Joint Commission – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit RMCHealth.com or HeartofTampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.