The Salvation Army will dedicate its new Center for Worship and Service this Sunday, October 7, 2012, at 2:30 p.m. The building is located at 1701 South Tuttle Avenue in Sarasota. An open house will immediately follow.
Special guests include Southern Territorial Commissioners David and Barbara Jeffrey from Atlanta, GA, and Major Todd Smith representing the Florida Divisional Headquarters will join Majors Phil and Donna Murphy and other members of the Sarasota Area Command for the dedication.
The Center will be home to worship services, bible study and community programs for children and families. There is a computer lab, gymnasium and game room, and soon exercise classes and other activities will be offered. Meeting space is also available.
Each day of the year the Army is rebuilding lives, one life at a time and continues to “Do The Most Good.” In addition to meeting basic human needs for families and individuals and by providing emergency and intermediate shelter, food, clothing, counseling, training and health care, they also provide prevention programs and emergency disaster services. For more information or facilities tour please call 364-8845, ext. 221.