Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Announces the Appointment of Walter E. Weston, BS, RN as Director of Emergency Services
Hudson, Florida (May 16 2017) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet is proud to announce the appointment of Walter E. Weston, BS, RN, as Director of Emergency Services. Mr. Weston comes to RMCBP from Tampa Community Hospital, an HCA sister facility, where he also served as Director of Emergency Services and the Intensive Care Unit since 2011. Mr. Weston brings with him over 14 years of clinical nursing experience in emergency/trauma medicine. Included in that experience is almost three years as a Level 1 ED/Trauma NCII and relief chart nurse NCII for the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, where he was awarded ED Trauma Nurse of the Year in 2002.
Mr. Weston holds a Bachelor of Science degree in health science from Saint Mary’s College of California, a National Registered EMT-P Certification from Western Medical Institute in San Jose, California, and an Associate Degree of Nursing (AND) from Excelsior College in Albany, New York.
Mr. Weston holds certification in training in the following: basic life support, advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, crisis prevention institute training, and disaster management. He is a member of the Emergency Nurses Association.
Attached photo: Walter E. Weston, BS, RN
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke – The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Recipient of 2016 Blue Distinction® Center+ Designation for Quality and Cost-Efficiency in Cardiac Care
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.