Marlow’s Tavern Springs Forward With New Crop of Cocktails and Dishes
TAMPA, Fla. (April 27, 2017) – Nothing says spring like freshly-harvested garden vegetables. Marlow’s Tavern is celebrating the spring season with new features on both the food and drink menus, now available at the tavern. Marlow’s Tavern executive chef, CEO and co-founder John C. Metz and his research and development director Ben Krawiecki have been listening to their Florida food sources and experimenting in the kitchen to bring new palate- and wallet-pleasing plates to the menu.
“Our pan-roasted rainbow trout is incredibly light, a perfect complement to a warm spring or summer day. We pair it with cauliflower, green beans, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, poke and charred scallions,” Metz said.
In addition to the new seafood dish, citrus flavors play a central role in both new additions and updates to classic Marlow’s Tavern dishes, like the Tavern Salad. A citrus vinaigrette adds a fresh twist to the Tavern Salad’s cool mixed greens, shaved fennel, radish and spiced toasted seeds.
Additional new seasonal menu items include:
• Tuna Nicoise Salad: Large-sliced tuna saku, arugula, roasted tomatoes, green beans, fingerling potatoes, Kalamata olives, sliced egg, chopped parsley, potato sticks, lemonette dressing
• Grilled Chicken Stack: Herb-marinated chicken, served with roasted fingerling potatoes, rosemary, thyme, blistered grape tomatoes, artichokes, baby arugula, green beans lemonette, parslied olive oil
• Black and Blue Steak: Grilled beef tenderloin, Field greens, pickled red onion, tomato carpaccio, crumbled gorgonzola, sliced scallions, gorgonzola dressing
• Fried Banana Split: Phyllo-wrapped banana, panko crusted, vanilla ice cream, chocolate, strawberry & caramel sauces with salted caramel whipped cream
Of course, what would spring be without something sumptuous to sip? Guests can taste the new fresh concoctions that Rick Blumberg, manager of adult beverages for Marlow’s Tavern, has created for its cocktail menu.
“Our guests have always raved about our mojitos,” Blumberg said. “For the spring, we’ve added a blackberry mojito to the menu, combining mint with berry syrup. I have a feeling it’s going to become a tavern favorite.”
Other additions to the cocktail menu include:
• Pom Collins: Tito’s vodka, PAMA Liqueur, house sour mix, simple syrup, mint leaf, pomegranate seeds
• Southern Charmer: Old Forester bourbon, Domaine De Canton, peach, lavender, lemon bitters
Blumberg has also added new wines and beers to Marlow’s Tavern’s well-stocked portfolio.
“Imagine sipping on a glass of Conundrum White Blend or Belleruche Rose with one of the specials our kitchen team has whipped up. I’d say that’s a rather perfect way to spend an afternoon or evening,” Blumberg said.
For more information on the new menus, visit marlowstavern.com.
About Marlow’s Tavern
Marlow’s Tavern is a neighborhood restaurant and gathering place, offering guests classic American tavern fare with an upscale twist. Open for lunch and dinner daily, the Marlow’s Tavern in Tampa is located in Village Center, 13134 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, in the heart of Carrollwood. Marlow’s Tavern was established in November 2004 in Alpharetta, Georgia, and has continued to grow over the years, adding several Atlanta-area and Orlando locations. For more information, visit marlowstavern.com.