Oak Hill Hospital Appoints Susan Cooper, RN, BSN, MS as Director of CDU
Spring Hill, Florida (January 24, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces that it has recently appointed Susan “Sue” Cooper to its nursing leadership team as Director of its Neuro/Tele Unit and newly formed Clinical Decision Unit (CDU). The Neuro/Tele unit is a specialty unit for our stroke/telemetry patients. The unit is equipped with GE telemetry to ensure our patients are receiving the most technologically advanced care. The Clinical Decision Unit is a 16 bed observation unit which provides a five to one nurse to patient ratio. Patients are placed in the CDU until there is a decision to either admit or discharge a patient. If admitted, the patient is then transferred to the appropriate in-patient unit.
Susan Cooper joined Oak Hill Hospital two weeks ago, bringing with her extensive nursing and leadership experience in cardiovascular patient care. Her most recent experience was the cardiovascular intensive care unit manager at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. Ms. Cooper holds a Master of Science degree in Nursing Leadership from Walden University and a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from the University of South Florida.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.